What we're looking for
About the Job
You’ll join the growing Engineering team at Strikepay and be expected to deliver product features and make technical improvements and enhancements to the Strikepay platform and applications. As part of a small team you will need to be an excellent communicator and technical thinker who can take a loosely defined problem through to a valid, technically sound, thoroughly documented, tested, and implemented software solution. We move fast at Strikepay, so you’ll need to show sound reasoning when it comes to prioritising work and delivering value to customers whilst maximising quality, minimising and mitigating defects as early and as quickly as possible. As we grow, we’ll also be looking to increase the size of the team and the breadth of our skillset. We have a strong learning culture at Strikepay – you’ll be given the opportunity to learn new skills and also encouraged to share your knowledge and experience with others.
- Proficiency in React and modern front end web applications
- Comfortable writing backend code to be performant and efficient
- Understanding of RESTful API conventions and distributed architecture
- Experience working as a part of a multi-person development team that utilizes automated testing, Cl pipelines, peer reviews in an Agile Environment
- Experience working in a Fintech or ecommerce company
- Demonstrated skills in process and system design
- Interest in learning new technologies – almost all of our architectural and system decisions are still to be made
- An attitude to leave every area of the company and codebase better than you found it
How to Apply
Send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of why you’d like to work at Strikepay and what you think sets you apart from other applicants. There’s no requirement for you to be maintaining or contributing to open source software, but if you have any code or projects you’d like to share with us, please send us links.
What Happens Next?
We’ll be reviewing your application and contacting you by email within 2 weeks to invite you for a remote interview should you meet the criteria outlined above. If selected for an interview, we will spend approximately 1 hour getting to know you and asking about your relevant experience and expertise. We will then invite you for a short, 45 minute technical interview where we’ll talk through some code, explore how you would reach a technical solution to a problem, and to better understand your approach. There will be the opportunity to ask questions about Strikepay at both of these interviews. Whilst we regret that we can’t provide feedback for every application at the first stage, we will provide feedback in writing or by phone following the interview stages.